Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fun in the Sun

This is part one of my layout challenge this week over at Platinum Scraps.  We received our second sponsor some time in the month of April. 

Thanks again to Rick over at http://www.3bugsinarug.com/index.asp for graciously accepting my request for sponsorship and sending out paper from the Little Chicks Collection for each designer to try.  I just love the paper lines from this company.  This collection was designed with an Easter Theme in mind but I actually used mine for a beach layout of my son for "Senior Skip Day" at the beach or shall I say our man made beach that is.  LOL. 

We all didn't receive the same paper sheets so each product was different.  Here are a few samples upclose of the papers I received.  Some of the lighter colors are hard to view with the picture but believe me, it is beautiful paper and good, heavy cardstock that happens to be double sided as well.

After I had submitted my project to the design team, I was not satisfied, so I did like a fellow scrapper told me a long tiime ago, "make it better".  So photo two is my redo.  I  matted my blue piece of light blue piece of paper to a darker one.  It did nothing for me just that plain sheet of light blue.  I added stickles, white arms to the chair, chalk to the ball, and added a darker shade of brown to bounce off the lighter shade for the sand, changed the title and repositioned it.  Almost all of the elements except the seaweed have now been pop dotted.  LOL.  That word (pop dotted) sounds funny when you say it in your mind.  Anyway, enough, I hope you like.  TFL


"Chicks Rock"



"Follow Me"



Little Chicken


Design Team Submission
"Fun in the Sun"


 
"Take Two"

No comments:

Post a Comment