Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

I would like to say Happy Mother's Day to all the beautiful mom's on our special day.  It is not easy being a mom but someone has to do it.  I have been home to day since church working on a layout I started last night.  I am so relaxed when I am in my scraproom. 

I have a few layouts to share that I made recently.  The first one is a layout I created for Platinum Scraps.  I was really surprised at how this layout turned out.  My girlfriend says that I love to use every little space on my page.  But I followed the sketch to the letter and I am so glad.  The sketch came from Sketchy Thursday. 


The Sketch



This is a photo of my granddaughter and my future son-in-law.  They were downtown on our riverbank.  They are such characters together.  I have no clue what they are looking at but it had their attention.


My Interpretation




My second photo is one I created for my Disney trip with the local high school band.  I am actually working on several books.  This is not an original sketch.  I believe I found this one on bing.com.  My motto is if the wheel has been created, then it is no need to recreate it.  So with that said, I have lifted this layout.

These are various photos of the group after our week at Disney.  It was so much fun, but also very tiring. 





2 comments:

  1. I like your take on the sketch,it gave me ideas for my Echo Park papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice sketch wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete