Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Trindan

This was my final project for the Bo Bunny challenge over at Platinum Scraps.  I was trying out a layout from Ms. Paula down in Lafayette, LA.  She is the bestest.  She had a layout where she cut the photo into half inch squares and recreated the image.  I did not get instructions from her, I just kinda winged it.  I didn't add many embellishments because the photo is the focal point in this layout.

This is my precious Lil Man on his actual birthday. 



Since I created the layout, I have spoken with Ms. Paula and she actually measured each line and drew marks.  I am going to do this again with my son's MJ's photo, but I will use dark paper to measure the lines.  I had thought of that but was afraid on my light background, the marks would show.  Due to photograper error, it looks as if the left side is a little off but in the book, it acutally lines up.

TFL.

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job on cutting and piecing the photo together. I love the effect of the main part of the picture being uncut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your LO is very nice. What a great undertaking. It definitely adds focus to the picture.

    ReplyDelete